The Society is excited to offer our final year trainees and Young Fellows a Weekend workshop of insights and experiences from leaders in the Plastic Surgery field. The Preparation for Practice Workshop will provide you with practical advice, guidance, tools, tips and tricks to help navigate and establish a strong foundation on which you can build and grow.
The program covers everything from the right corporate structure to maximise your profitability, to understanding the Australian Health Care System. We will discuss Practice Management, HR Management, Communication skills and how can you can develop your own unique brand in the Plastic Surgery World. Open to both you and your partner (in life or business), investing in this weekend will ensure you have the information you need to establish your Practice.
|Workshop Outline:||Workshop will offer the following:
• For final year trainees and young fellows considering entering private practice.
• Fellows and senior surgeons offering practical advice and the pitfalls to avoid.
• An inexpensive way for you (and your partners and business partners) to get a better understanding of how to setup a private practice.
• Obtain strategies and tools to run your business profitably and successfully.
|Register:||SET trainees, young fellows and partners/ practice managers welcome!
$250 for SET Trainees to year 2 young fellows.
|Date:||4 – 5 November 2017 (REGISTRATION CLOSES ~ 15 October 2017)|
|Time:||8am November 4 to 3pm November 5, 2017|
|Venue:||Aerial UTS Function Centre – University of Technology, Sydney.
UTS Building 10 on Level 7, 235 Jones Street, Ultimo, Sydney NSW
|Social Events:||Welcome Reception at the conference venue 17:30 – 19:00, 4th November 2017|
|Workshop Faculty:||The workshop convenor is Dr Pouria Moradi and is comprised of prominent fellow plastic surgeons, RACS and authoritative corporate speakers.|
|Program at a Glance:||• Starting out – Suitable business for you, Medicare explained, Setting fees, How private insurers work, How do private and public hospitals work.
• Practice Management – How to build a successful practice, What software is right for you? Clinical governance, Human Resources and what you need to know.
• Marketing – Introduction, How to build and maintain referral base, How to market online, print and word of mouth, Online website its challenges, Managing social media, Advertising, and your legal obligations.
• Legal Matters – Informed consent and Reports and Court system explained.
• Courageous conversations – Strategies to best manage your patients, colleagues and the establishment, BDD.
• Ethics – ASPS Code of Practice, RACS and Medical Board
• Words of Wisdom – Personal experiences in private practice, Challenges and lessons learned, Work life balance, Roundtable discussion