In 2008, as part of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) partnership negotiations with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (American Society), our Council negotiated a streamlined pathway to membership with the American Society.
All members of the Australian Society can apply for International Membership, International Candidate Membership and access to the International Trainee Forum of the American Society.
How does it work?
The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons can now act as the proposer for our members who wish to join as International Members or International Candidate Members. Full international membership is USD425 per annum. An application fee of USD125 is levied, although this may be waived if you use insert the promotional code “384” on the application form.
How do I apply?
- Download the International Membership application form or the International Trainees Forum application form.
- Request a letter of support from the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons’ Office.
- Submit your application, support letter from ASPS and other documentation to the address / email on page one of the linked form.
- At present the American Society votes on membership applications four times per year: January, March, July and October.
- Once you have been accepted as a member of the American Society, the American Society will invoice you directly for the subscription. Thereafter you will be invoiced annually by the American Society.
For further details on the application process, pricing and the next American Society’s application deadline, please either:
- Contact the ASPS office; or
- Email Yvette Bauder, Membership Officer at email@example.com or on (02) 9437 920.
How do I logon to the American Society website? How do I download the PRS journal?
If you are experiencing trouble with your American Society website logon or membership status please contact Judy Myers, Membership Services Center Manager at the American Society by email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Our Memorandum of Understanding with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons allows you to shop online through the American Society’s online shop.
This offer is only available to International Members and International Candidate Members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.