Avant Grant Opportunity
Avant have launched a Quality Improvement Grants program for doctors wishing to undertake quality improvement projects.
The program offers up to $100,000 in funding for specialist/consultant level doctors to undertake projects within their clinical settings aimed at improving quality, during 2017.
On offer are:
6 x $10,000 grants for individual member applicants (must be an Avant member)
2 x $20,000 grants for members applying on behalf of their practice (must hold an Avant practice indemnity insurance policy)
In addition, grant recipients will:
- Receive a 12 month license to BMJ Quality, an online set of tools and resources to allow researchers to plan, produce and publish quality improvement projects
- Be eligible for publication of their project in BMJ Quality Improvement Reports, a designated on-line journal
- Have the opportunity for one of them to present their findings at the International Forum on Quality and Safety in Healthcare (Asia-Pacific) in 2018
This program is open to:
- Individuals holding a professional indemnity insurance policy with Avant in a Practitioner Category of Practice (excludes students, intern/RMO and doctors in training) who are Australian and New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of Australia who are based in Australia and are registered with the Medical Board of Australia
- Entities holding a Practice Policy with Avant
Applications are open until 31 October 2016 and recipients will be notified in early December. All projects need to be completed by 31 December 2017.