Avant is a preferred Partner of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
ASPS and Avant have had a strong partnership since 2008. Through this partnership we have worked together to support ASPS members with risk education workshops, sponsorship of the plastic surgery congress, providing trainee education and being the preferred provider for medical indemnity insurance.
Avant is Australia’s leading doctors mutual and represents 72,000 healthcare practitioners and students across the country. This includes representing over 65% of Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeons. As a mutual, Avant is owned and run purely for the benefit of members.
We value the partnership with Avant as it offers very real benefits for our members.
Keith Bryant, Chief Executive
Special Offer for ASPS Members
Avant is pleased to offer ASPS members a 4% discount off your medical indemnity insurance premiums. To find out more please contact your local Avant business development manager
Why more than half of Australia’s Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgeons choose Avant:
· Avant Law – Avant has the largest specialist medico-legal team of any doctors mutual in Australia with expertise in civil, coronial, Medicare, employment, disciplinary and criminal law. No one has more resources than Avant to defend you, whatever your situation. Find out more here.
· High quality indemnity products – You can be assured that Avant will be there to defend you in the manner that you have come to expect. Avant provides up to $20 million cover for civil liability arising from the healthcare provided. It also includes up to $1 million of cover for registration and disciplinary matters and coronial inquests. Find out more here.
· Expert medico-legal advice – Avant members can access personalised support through Avant’s Medico-legal Advisory Service, which is available 24/7 in emergencies. The service is staffed by 70 lawyers, medical advisors and claims managers across the country. Find out more here.
· Avant Learning Centre – Drawing from extensive claims data Avant provides you with a series of resources to help you better manage your risk such as case studies, webinars and e-learning courses. Find out more here.
· The Avant Getting Started in Private Practice Program (GSIPP) # – Avant understands that starting or joining a private practice can be expensive. This is why the Avant Getting Started in Private Practice (GSIPP) Program was created; to help ease financial pressures in the first years by offering substantial savings on your Avant Practitioner Indemnity Insurance Policy. Find out more here.
· Premium Avant Travel Insurance+ – Avant has partnered with Accident and Health International (AHI), one of Australia’s largest health underwriters, to offer you premium travel insurance. Find out more here.
· The Doctors’ Health Fund* – Doctors’ Health Fund is an Avant company providing you and your family with access to a range of quality health insurance products at competitive rates and a choice of preferred provider. Find out more here.
· Avant Loyalty Reward Plan^ – Avant’s unique Loyalty Reward Plan is designed to reward you for your loyalty based on the number of years by which you have continuously held membership and paid a premium. Eligible members will receive their reward as a deduction from their premium. Find out more here.
· Avant Retirement Reward Plan** – Our exclusive Avant Retirement Reward Plan gives Avant the ability to reward members with a retirement dividend that recognises a lifetime of practice, loyalty and contribution to Avant’s financial success.
· Specialist medico-legal publications – We keep you up-to-date on medico-legal matters and industry news through a variety of publications. These range from specialty specific bulletins to our bi-annual member magazine, Connect. Our publications draw on our claims experience and expertise, recent cases and emerging trends. Find out more here.
To find out more please contact your local Avant business development manager http://www.avant.org.au/contact-us/ or call Avant member services on 1800 128 268.
IMPORTANT: Professional indemnity insurance products available from Avant Mutual Group Limited ABN 58 123 154 898 are issued by Avant Insurance Limited, ABN 82 003 707 471, AFSL 238 765. The information provided here is general advice only. You should consider the appropriateness of the advice having regard to your own objectives, financial situation and needs before deciding to purchase or continuing to hold a policy with us. For full details including the terms, conditions, and exclusions that apply, please read and consider the policy wording and PDS, which is available at avant.org.au or by contacting us on 1800 128 268. #The discounts do not apply to previous or existing members of the Getting Started in Private Practice scheme and only apply from the first year a member becomes eligible and subject to eligibility rules. For the eligibility rules and full details, please read the Getting Started in Private Practice Member Eligibility Rules at avant.org.au/newprivatepractice or by contacting us on 1800 128 268. +Avant Travel Insurance Cover is available under a Group Policy between Accident & Health International Underwriting Pty Limited ABN 26 053 335 952 and Avant Mutual Group Limited ABN 58 123 154 898. The issuers are CGU Insurance Limited ABN 27 004 478 371 and AIA Australia Limited ABN 79 004 837 861. The cost is $195 (including GST) for Doctor in Training (DIT) members and $495 (including GST) for Practitioner members for a maximum of 12 months cover. Travel Insurance Cover will follow the same cycle as your Avant Practitioner Indemnity Insurance, and will only run from the time you purchase your cover until your next Avant Practitioner Indemnity Insurance renewal is due in either December or June of each year. If at the time you purchase the cover there is one month or less until your next Avant Practitioner Indemnity Insurance renewal, the cost will be $129.80 for DIT’s and $330 for Practitioners both including GST, and will only cover you for that period of one month or less. For full details including the restrictions, terms, conditions and exclusions that apply, please read and consider the Product Disclosure Statement, and Avant’s Terms and Conditions of Travel Insurance Cover available at www.avant.org.au or by contacting us on 1800 128 268. *Private health insurance products are issued by The Doctors’ Health Fund Pty Limited, ABN 68 001 417 527 (Doctors’ Health Fund), a member of the Avant Mutual Group. Cover is subject to the terms and conditions (including waiting periods, limitations and exclusions) of the individual policy. ^Not all members are eligible for a LRP reward. Members not eligible include medical students, interns, RMOs and DITs and members who have their professional indemnity policy purchased on their behalf under a corporate group arrangement. However, membership years as an intern, RMO or DIT will be included in tenure calculations. The provision of an LRP reward will be determined by the Avant Insurance Boards annual assessment of the quality of Avant’s financial performance. *The Retirement Reward Plan reflects the current policy of the Board for determining which members of Avant are eligible to participate in the Retirement Reward Plan and any Retirement Reward Dividends declared by Avant. The Retirement Reward Plan is entirely at the discretion of the Board and no member will be eligible to receive a Retirement Reward Dividend until such time as the Board declares a dividend in favour of that member. The Retirement Reward Plan is subject to change, suspension or termination by the Board at any time.